Smart Start ensures that children are equipped with the essentials they need for the school year. We provide:
- Non-branded (no logo) jumpers, sweatshirts, cardigans, skirts, trousers, polo shirts and blouses all in standard school colours.
- Sports kit such as shorts, t-shirts, joggers, trainers and plimsolls.
- Stationery such as pencil cases, pens, folders, maths sets, calculators and dictionaries.
- Dressing up costumes suitable for school events like World Book Day
During the summer families can order new school uniform for September, and we keep providing throughout the year with new and good quality used donations.
All of our services are free for families to access, so if you think you may need help through Smart Start please visit our For Families page to help you on where to go next. Or ask someone supporting your family to visit our For Referrers page.
How we have helped
How you can help
- Donate new school uniform including school trousers and skirts, shirts, blouses, polos and sweatshirts (ages 4-16). You can also donate other new school items like stationery, backpacks and sports kit to be delivered directly to us from the retailer.
- We can also accept brand new donations at the door and we are based at 26 Wood Street, Manchester M3 3EF.
- Make a financial donation below. Your donations enable us to keep offering our services to families that need them.
We provide non-branded school uniforms to children. This ensures they have appropriate and well-fitted uniforms to attend school and get their education.
It is important to be able to exercise and be healthy so we provide sports kit for children to partake in school and extra-curricular sports activities.
We provide stationery for children for school so they are properly equipped for the classroom and ready to learn when they get to school.