SmartStart ensures that children are equipped with the essentials they need at the beginning of the school year. We provide:
- Non-branded (no logo) jumpers, sweatshirts, cardigans, skirts, trousers, polo shirts and blouses all in standard school colours.
- Sports kit such as shorts, t-shirts, joggers, trainers and plimsolls.
- Stationery such as pencil cases, pens, folders, maths sets, calculators and dictionaries.
- Dressing up costumes suitable for school events like World Book Day.
During the summer families can order new school uniform for September, and we keep providing throughout the year with new and good quality used donations.
All of our services are free for families to access, so if you think you may need help through our SmartStart programme please visit our For Families page to help you on where to go next. Or ask someone supporting your family to visit our For Referrers page.
How we have helped
How you can help
- Donate clean, good quality used and new school uniform and other school items (like stationery, backpacks and sports kit)
- Hold a collection for items at your work, church or school – you can use our SmartStart Supporter Leaflet and Poster.
- Make a financial donation below. Your donations enable us to keep offering our services to families that need them.
We provide non-branded school uniforms to children. This ensures they have appropriate and well-fitted uniforms to attend school and get their education.
It is important to be able to exercise and be healthy so we provide sports kit for children to partake in school and extra-curricular sports activities.
We provide stationery for children for school so they are properly equipped for the classroom and ready to learn when they get to school.