We are dependent on donations to continue and develop our work in response to the needs of the thousands of children and families we help each year.
There are lots of ways that you can raise funds for Wood Street Mission and have great fun at the same time!
Here are just a few suggestions:
- Join in our special 150th anniversary campaign #150forWoodStreet – complete your own challenge, the more creative and unique the better, with the theme of 150!
- Get Sponsored! Face your fears and take part in our Manchester Velodrome Abseil (date TBC shortly), or book your place now for the Great Manchester Run 2020 (it’s never too early to get prepared and start training!)
- Food is always a great fundraiser – hold a cake sale, a wine tasting or coffee morning, and donate the proceeds towards our work.
- Getting married or having a special birthday and don’t want any gifts? Perhaps ask for donations towards one of our projects instead and use your celebration to help local families
At work, school, or home, with friends, family or colleagues, there’s lots you can do and we are always here to help with:
- fundraising tips
- sponsorship forms
- help with setting up an online sponsorship page
- t-shirts and running vests
- collection buckets and tins
- banners and posters
- giving a talk at your school, church or group
No matter how much money you raise, you’ll have made a real, positive difference to local children and their families, dealing with the impact poverty has on their day to day lives. Whatever you’d like to get involved in, do get in touch and tell us about your fundraising plans, we’d love to hear from you.