We are dependent on donations to continue and develop our work in response to the needs of the thousands of children and families we help each year.
There are lots of ways that you can raise funds for Wood Street Mission and have great fun at the same time!
Here are just a few suggestions:
Take part in a challenge event – there are lots of exciting events that you can sign up to and support Wood Street Mission, from running to dragon boat racing. You can get involved either individually or as a team, please contact the fundraising team for more details.
- Do your own thing – maybe you’d like to try something different or organise your own fundraising activity with your colleagues, family or friends? Map out your own sponsored walk, create a fitness challenge, host a 5-aside event, you name it! We would love to hear your ideas and we can support you with fundraising materials and advice along the way.
- Bring people together by fundraising in your community. Whether it’s showing off your creative side with an arts and crafts sale or a musical performance, or even getting competitive with world record attempts or a bake off, there is something for everyone.
- Virtual fundraising – there are many ways to fundraise online too. Run an online gaming tournament, host a quiz, create a virtual treasure hunt or set up a Zoom danceathon. Contact us for tips on how to make the most of your virtual fundraising event.
- Celebrate with us! Having a special birthday or occasion and don’t want any gifts? Perhaps ask for donations towards one of our projects instead and use your celebration to help local families
At work, school, or home, with friends, family or colleagues, there’s lots you can do and we are always here to help with:
- fundraising tips
- help with setting up an online sponsorship page
- sponsorship forms
- t-shirts and running vests
- collection buckets and tins
- banners and posters
- giving a talk to your company, school, church or group
No matter how much money you raise, you’ll have made a real, positive difference to local children and their families, who are dealing with the impact of poverty. Whatever you’d like to get involved with, please do get in touch and tell us about your fundraising plans, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.