We are dependent on donations to continue and develop our work in response to the needs of the thousands of children and families we help each year.
There are lots of ways that you can raise funds for Wood Street Mission and have great fun at the same time!
Here are just a few suggestions:
- Get Sponsored! In 2021 we have our first place in the London Marathon which has been allocated, but we do have three available in the virtual London Marathon 2021, for further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If running is your thing then why not take part in this year’s Great Manchester Run on Sunday 26th September? There’s a 10k or Half Marathon option and we’ll be there on the day cheering you on, again just drop us a line for all of the details.
- Food is always a great fundraiser – hold an online bake off, wine tasting or coffee morning and donate the proceeds towards our work.
- Having a special birthday or occasion and don’t want any gifts? Perhaps ask for donations towards one of our projects instead and use your celebration to help local families
At work, school, or home, with friends, family or colleagues, there’s lots you can do and we are always here to help with:
- fundraising tips
- sponsorship forms
- help with setting up an online sponsorship page
- t-shirts and running vests
- collection buckets and tins
- banners and posters
- giving an online talk to your company, school, church or group
No matter how much money you raise, you’ll have made a real, positive difference to local children and their families, dealing with the impact poverty has on their day to day lives. Whatever you’d like to get involved in, do get in touch and tell us about your fundraising plans, we’d love to hear from you.