Whatever the size of your organisation, there are plenty of ways to get involved with Wood Street Mission and support our work.
Fundraise For Us
- Nominate us – what a fantastic 150th birthday present to us if you select Wood Street Mission as your Charity of the Year 2019!
- Enter your team in our SmartStart Back 2 School Quiz, or face your fears and take on the Manchester Velodrome Abseil
- Organise your own event in the office, or choose us as the beneficiary of your ball or dinner
- Set up a payroll giving scheme – so your staff can give a regular gift each month
- Host a collecting tin – if you have a counter top or staffroom have one handy for that loose change
No matter how much you raise, you’ll have made a real, positive difference to local children and their families, dealing with the impact poverty has on their day to day lives. We rely on donations to continue and develop our work, and keep all our services free for families to access. Whatever you’d like to get involved in, do get in touch and let us know your plans. We will provide as much support as we can.
Whilst fundraising is vital for us, there are many other ways to get involved that are equally as valuable to us:
- Hold a collection of essential items for us – from children’s clothes, toys and toiletries, to uniform for our SmartStart appeal, or toys and treats at Christmas
- Become a drop off point for one of our appeals – particularly at Christmas time when our van gets very busy!
- Is your company a manufacturer or supplier of the items families need – could you make a donation of surplus stock or samples?
- Volunteer! From our Super Sort days for large groups to sort through donations, to our school holiday Book Clubs, there’s plenty to do
- Follow, Like and Share – help us spread awareness of how poverty impacts children’s lives and the support families need