Volunteers are essential to our work – from our regular volunteers who week in week out help families visiting us, to corporate groups taking a day to help us sort through mountains of donations, we would never be able to help so many families in need without them.
Our requirements for volunteers changes week by week depending on what donations we have in and events and services we have running and coming up, so please get in touch to find out current details and express your interest.
Here are some examples of how invaluable our volunteers are:
- They help sort donations of clothes, bedding, toys and books to make available to families through our Family Basics room
- They help families when they visit Wood Street to pick up essentials, by explaining how things work and finding out what they need
- They dress up as Woody, our big green friendly dinosaur, and visit local schools to say hello and spread the word about our work
- They help out at our Book Clubs, setting out books, running fun activities with the children, serving lunch and help to tidy up
- They help us at Christmas, to sort through thousands of donations of toys, ready for parents to pick the perfect present for their child
- They act as collection points for us, so supporters can drop off donations in one place for us to pick up – saving us time and petrol
- They follow us, like and share our posts on Facebook and Twitter, spreading the word about our work supporting local families
In short, our volunteers are amazing and we would love for you to be one of them!