Whether you want practical help, advice or just a chat to see what we could do for you then get in touch. It might be one of the best things you’ve ever done. Sometimes we all need a little extra help and that’s exactly why we’re here. We will try to help you as much as we can but sometimes we need to signpost you to other organisations who may be better suited to your need.
Here are some links to other organisations in Manchester and Salford that may be able to help you and your family:
- Salford Help Through Crisis – Crisis support, debt advice, money and benefits advice
- Citizens Advice Salford – Debt, consumer, money advice, housing
- Citizens Advice Manchester – Debt, consumer, money advice, housing
- Shelter – Help with bad housing or homelessness
- Manchester Credit Union – Affordable loans, Christmas club, budgeting
- Greater Manchester Law Centre (GMLC) – Law regards employment, prison, mental health, community care, disability, welfare benefits
- Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit – Immigration problems and nationality law matters
- Greater Manchester Poverty Action – Food Poverty Map – of food banks and pantry schemes
- Manchester City of Sanctuary – Asylum seeker support
- Refugee Action – Asylum Crisis Support Project
- Revive – Immigration support, ESOL
- Emmaus – Furniture Shop
- Samaritans – Crisis Emotional Support
- Sanctuary – Mental Health Crisis Support
- Moodswings – Emotional Support
- Salford Foundation – Money advice service, Children and young people intervention, Together Women Project
- Salford Debt Advice Service/Salford Welfare Rights Service – Debt and Welfare Support
- Home-Start Manchester – Support to families with children under 5years old
- Home-Start Trafford and Salford – Support to families with children under 5years old
- Talk English – For people with little English – pre ESOL level
Wood Street Mission accepts no responsibility for external content.
Wood Street Mission aims to work closely with other voluntary and statutory agencies to provide advice and guidance to the families who need our help. If you would like us to add a link to your charity or community organisation please contact us.