Over 1000 families and 2000 children have been referred for help in June and July and we will be working hard over the summer to make sure they can go back to school looking smart in the right school uniform.
SmartStart helps children aged 3-18 who are living in low income families in Manchester and Salford. Children in reception class and year 7 get additional help at back-to-school time as starting a new school involves more expense than in other years.
You can help by donating any of the following items to our SmartStart appeal:
- New non-branded school uniform in standard school colours such as polo shirts, shirts, trousers, skirts, sweatshirts, cardigans, summer dresses, black shoes.
- New non-branded sports kit such as jogging bottoms, sweat tops, gym shorts and skirts, plimsolls, trainers.
- More expensive items like school coats, black shoes, trainers, school bags, sports bag, book bags
- Stationery such as new pens, pencil cases, jotters, calculators, maths sets
- Other everyday items e.g lunch boxes, drinking bottles, packets of socks and underwear, hats and gloves, hair accessories
Or, to make a financial donation to the SmartStart Appeal visit our JustGiving campaign page
You can drop donations off at our central Manchester base just off Deansgate Monday to Friday or call us on 0161 834 3140 for collection details
Please note the last date for dropping off donations so we can ensure to get to families in time for the new school year is Friday 19 August.