We relaunched our School Uniform Project as SmartStart in July 2015 - to help local families meet more of the costs of going to school.
SmartStart provides families with school clothes and kit so their children can fit in and achieve at school which is key to breaking the cycle of poverty. To receive further details about supporting this exciting project please email us, or download our SmartStart supporter leaflet and poster to put up at school, work or home.
SmartStart gives struggling families non-branded school uniforms, coats, shoes, sports kit and stationery throughout the school year. You can help by donating any of the following:
- Non-branded new school uniform items from high street back-to-school ranges. Jumpers, sweatshirts, cardigans, skirts, trousers, polo shirts in all standard school colours are needed.
- New school sports kit from high street back to school ranges such as sports shorts, PE skirts, hoodies, joggers, fleeces, trainers and plimsolls.
- Stationery like pencil cases, pens, folders, jotters, maths sets, calculators and dictionaries.
- New and good quality second hand dressing up costumes suitable for younger children for pre-school and school events like World Book Day.
- Useful everyday items like new socks, new underwear, hats, gloves, lunchboxes, school bags and sports bags.
We will be accepting donations throughout the year for SmartStart. Goods donated by mid-August will be given out to help with back to school costs. Please call the office on 0161 834 3140 to book a collection for any donations of items you would like us to pick up, or drop them in to Wood Street.
@MsDebbieHolt Hi Debbie unused toiletries are very welcome. They're one of the first things to come off the shoppin… https://t.co/arjN6oA1Qm
Donate good quality children's clothes, bedding, toys and books to local struggling families. Call 0161 834 3140 to organise a collection
Every year over 1000 volunteers help us sort donations, raise funds and deliver our projects to struggling families… https://t.co/AOlauJ7BoC
Help choose the design for our #ReadMcr bookbench kindly funded by @Carillion #NWEP https://t.co/sJGzRlqpct